We have not yet decided on a theme for our 2019 Recital, but save the date:
Sunday, June 9, 2019
All students who are enrolled in the 2019 Winter and Spring Sessions can participate in our annual recital. It is an opportunity for students to showcase what they have been learning throughout the year. By performing, the children not only gain confidence and poise, but their appreciation for the performing arts grows immensley.
Students are not required to participate in the recital, but they are encouraged. We understand, however, that there may be important events that families are already committed to. Therefore, children can still enroll in classes and learn everything being taught, including the choreography, so they continue to progress with their classmates. It is important to note that MDA does not spend the entire classtime teaching recital choreography.
Students in combination classes (Pre-Ballet/Tap 2 and 3) will perform TWO dances, a ballet and a tap dance. All other classes will perform ONE dance. We will several performances. All Pre-Ballet level classes will perform in ONE show only. The upper level classes may perform in multiple shows.
Why do we require participation during the Winter and Spring Sessions? There are several reasons:
- During the Fall Session, students are learning and reviewing the basics of ballet and other dance forms according to their level. During the Winter and Spring Sessions, they are learning advanced steps and combinations that will be used in their recital dance.
- Costumes must be ordered in the beginning of February in order for them to arrive before the show. On ocassion, our first choice of a costume is already sold out. There are a limited number of costume companies who provide costumes for thousands of dance studios.
- Unbeknownst to students, the instructors are visioning and creating the choreography beginning in January based on student enrollment and ability. They are teaching steps, combinations, lines, and/or formations that may be used in their recital choreography later on.
Deadlines for new enrollments:
- Upper levels (Ballet, Modern, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop) -- January 5, 2019
- Pre-Ballet 1, 2, and 3 -- January 31, 2019
- Ticket Pre-Sales — Saturday, April 7, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
- Ticket General Sales — Sunday, April 21, 2019
- Picture Day — Saturday, June 1, 2019 at the Evergreen Park High School Gym
- Dress Rehearsal —Friday, June 7, 2019 at the Evergreen Park High School Auditorium
- Recital — Sunday, June 9, 2019 at the Evergreen Park High School Auditorium
RECITAL PARTICIPATION FEES: Recital fees include participation in all recital events (Picture Day, dress rehearsal, and recital). The fee also includes one class costume and tights. The fees are as follows:
(Information to be posted when fee amounts are determined.)
Please visit this page periodically. We will update the website as we finalize details about the recital.