Travel to a magical land where there are enchanted forests, underwater worlds, mythical creatures, castles, and treasures beyond your imagination!
Mongan Dance Academy
Sunday, June 9, 2019
11:30 am ♦ 2:00 pm ♦ 4:30 pm
Evergreen Park High School Auditorium
9901 S Kedzie Avenue
Evergreen Park, Illinois 60805
- Ticket Pre-Sales — Sunday, April 7, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
- Ticket General Sales — Sunday, April 21, 2019
- Picture Day — Saturday, June 1, 2019 at the Evergreen Park High School Gym
- A schedule of each classes' assigned time will be posted when it is available.
- Dress Rehearsal — Friday, June 7, 2019 at the Evergreen Park High School Auditorium
- 4:00 p.m. -- All Pre-Ballet 1 classes
- 4:30 p.m. -- All Pre-Ballet 2 and Hip Hop Minis classes
- 5:30 p.m. -- All Pre-Ballet 3 and Pre-Jazz Hip Hop classes
- 6:30 - 9:00 p.m. -- All Upper Level classes
- Recital — Sunday, June 9, 2019 at the Evergreen Park High School Auditorium
- Shows at 11:30 a.m., 2:00 p.m., and 4:30 p.m.
All students who are enrolled in the 2019 Winter and Spring Sessions can participate in our annual recital. It is an opportunity for students to showcase what they have been learning throughout the year. By performing, the children not only gain confidence and poise, but their appreciation for the performing arts grows immensley.
Students are not required to participate in the recital, but they are encouraged. We understand, however, that there may be important events that families are already committed to. Therefore, children can still enroll in classes and learn everything being taught, including the choreography, so they continue to progress with their classmates. It is important to note that MDA does not spend the entire classtime teaching recital choreography.
Students in combination classes (Pre-Ballet/Tap 2 and 3) will perform TWO dances, a ballet and a tap dance. All other classes will perform ONE dance. We will several performances. All Pre-Ballet level classes will perform in ONE show only. The upper level classes may perform in multiple shows.
Why do we require participation during the Winter and Spring Sessions? There are several reasons:
- During the Fall Session, students are learning and reviewing the basics of ballet and other dance forms according to their level. During the Winter and Spring Sessions, they are learning advanced steps and combinations that will be used in their recital dance.
- Costumes must be ordered in the beginning of February in order for them to arrive before the show. On ocassion, our first choice of a costume is already sold out. There are a limited number of costume companies who provide costumes for thousands of dance studios.
- Unbeknownst to students, the instructors are visioning and creating the choreography beginning in January based on student enrollment and ability. They are teaching steps, combinations, lines, and/or formations that may be used in their recital choreography later on.
Deadlines for new enrollments:
- Upper levels (Ballet, Modern, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop) -- January 5, 2019
- Pre-Ballet 1, 2, and 3 -- January 31, 2019
RECITAL PARTICIPATION FEES: Recital fees include participation in all recital events (Picture Day, dress rehearsal, and recital). The fee also includes one class costume and tights. The fees are as follows:
- $110 -- Students in Pre-Ballet 1, 2 or 3, Hip Hop Minis, and Pre-Jazz/Hip Hop
- $115 -- Upper level classes (ballet, modern, jazz, tap, hip hop)
- $45 -- for each additional class per student
ADVANCED TICKET SALES Begin April 7, 2019 — Each student is allowed up to 12 tickets during this 2-week period. Tickets can be used at the 11:30 show, 2:00 show, or 4:30 show, or a combination of the three shows. Families can purchase an unlimited number of additional tickets after April 21, 2019.
GENERAL TICKET SALES Begin April 21, 2019 — Families may purchase an unlimited number of additional tickets. Sales will be open to the public.
SEAT ASSIGNMENT & TICKET DISTRIBUTION — Seat assignments and ticket distribution will begin in May. If you place a second order for additional tickets before that, we will try to seat your guests together.
- All seats are reserved.
- Seating will be assigned in the order in which ticket orders are time-stamped and paid.
- Tickets must be paid in full at time of purchase. We will not hold any unpaid ticket requests.
- Online ticket sales close at noon on Saturday, June 9.
- Ticket prices: $12 in advance, $15 at door. Children age 4 and under are free, but must sit on a lap.
- All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.
We will need people to volunteer to be classroom helpers, backstage, usher, and call table. You may or may not need to purchase a ticket as follows:
- Classroom helper or backstage -- you will NOT need to purchase a ticket. You will be able to watch your child perform from the wings of the stage.
- Classroom helpers of Pre-Ballet 1-- you WILL need to purchase a ticket because you will be seated with your family after the Pre-Ballet 1 class performs. They will either be the first or second class to dance in the show. You will be able to watch them from the wings of the stage.
- Usher or call table-- if you would like to be seated in reserved seats after the show begins, you WILL need to purchase tickets. Ushers who do not want to purchase tickets can sit/stand in the back of the auditorium after the show begins.
If you want to be a volunteer, please sign the sheets in the studio lobby, or email us: MonganDance@msn.com
WEAR THE ENTHUSIASM!
These memorable shirts are for students, moms, dads, and all who want to wear the enthusiasm of our upcoming recital. The specially designed logo for "Realm of Enchantment" will adorn these tie dye shirts! We will have sample sizes at the studio. If you place your order before we receive the shirts, we can edit your order if needed!
Order shirts: https://mongandance.com/category/3332/Recital-Shirts
PRESERVE THE MEMORIES!
Preserve your memories of "Realm of Enchantment." The shows are professionally recorded. They will include the names of all class participants and a picture album of dress rehearsal, backstage, and the recital.
Order videos: https://mongandance.com/category/3006/Recital-Videos
SAY IT WITH FLOWERS!
Tell your special dancer how much you appreciate his or her hard work, commitment, and passion for the artistry of dance! Reserve a bouquet today so you have no last-minute running on recital day. A variety of bouquet styles will be available to choose from on the day of the recital.
Order bouquet: https://mongandance.com/category/3857/Recital-Bouquets
Please visit this page periodically. We will update the website as we finalize details about the recital.